#41 hyipfever

hyipfever

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • LocationIn the midst of thunder, lightning and colorful petals

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

I really like this topic but will not participate in it very much. I have avoided it so far until this moment. And even now am not saying too much about my inner beliefs.
this is a discussion that does better over the internet than it does in close quarters. That is most easily demonstrated by what fever said about her country.
The biggest problem with a discussion like this is many people have a "my GOD is better than your god" belief. They are justified by this. All beliefs or religions can not be equal. If that were the case then there would be no need for religion or belief. If they were all equal then they would be all equally useless. this does not mean that I can not respect others differences. In my mind I merely allow them to be wrong. For if they are not wrong then I am not correct. If I am not correct then I am not proper in my beliefs. Seeing all can not be correct then if all beliefs were equal then they would all have to be incorrect. That is the end of religion, belief, spiritualism. what ever you want to call it, it is over. So my Beliefs are the pinnacle. It can be no other way. If any one wants to confront me with their beliefs they had better bring a very large arsenal to confront me with. I am quite stead fast. But I am not confrontational so if you pass me by I will not chase you down.
I have already read a few things as I surveyed this topic that have insulted my senses. I will not say which things. I am not here to convert or to argue. So I will just let it be. We all have a common bond on this forum. Religious belief or cosmic doctrine or philosophical wailings do not need to be aligned for this bond to continue.
I am a Christian and I follow Christ. Within Christ I can allow a variance in others who are not lock step with my thoughts. the further away from Christ someones views are then the more alien they are to me. But I do not wish to conquer others sense. If some one wants to learn what I think and believe then I am happy to tell them. If they hope to tell me what they believe it would be best if they wait for me to ask.
If someone wants to post what may offend me I will just not read and I would expect they would do the same in my direction.
I save my faith for GOD. All others bring proof. I can coexist with anything that at least is moving towards being GOOD. None are perfect. I know that. So I will make allowances for you and I insist you do the same for me.

Thank you skepticaldollars for letting us know what is in you heart.
I appreciate your contribution very much.
May we grow day by day towards maturity and true wisdom....

#42 hyipfever

hyipfever

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

My views most closely coincide with Agnosticism.

He he Jarrett your post is the shortest amongst all but I really feel grateful
That you're willing to open up and let us know what you really believe or don't believe.
Hopefully this thread helps us in accepting and opening to one another
without passing judgment and feeling superior
May we come to know each other better.

#43 skepticaldollars

skepticaldollars

HYIP investor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Locationamerica

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Thank you skepticaldollars for letting us know what is in you heart.
I appreciate your contribution very much.
May we grow day by day towards maturity and true wisdom....

thanks. I was worried you were going to tell me I tried to over analyze the situation :D. Probably because there may be a hint of truth in that.

Thanks for keeping it interesting HF.

#44 Vis

Vis

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

A happy Easter to all:

http://www.telegraph...-the-world.html

#45 hyipfever

hyipfever

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Love the new Pope! I heard he is a minimalist.
Washing the feet of non-Catholic from all walks of life and backgroud
wow this is really something.
No wonder he's been chosen as a new Pope
A true believer will never argue to win any debate to show how great his faith is and how righteous he is
but showing true and genuine humility.....
Thanks Vis, it's a great post!
  • pako8007 likes this

#46 Moneychoice

Moneychoice

HYIP investor

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationAfrica.....most of the time....down towards the South.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

CAN GOD REALLY HELP YOU?
Absolutely!.......but you have got to be connected! Let's go and ask Him to help us construct and compose this reply............done.
Your brain, your little brain has more memory, more computing capacity than the best super computor in the world. And yet you are only utilising 15%, maximum 25% of it's actual capacity. It is the hardest working, but most sensitive, muscle in your body. Could you ever have been as smart as the renown scientist ?(whoever) Yes, actually you could have been if only you had exercised as hard and as much as he did...your brain! Why then people partake in pills, drugs, smoking, alcohol and other brain altering activities is a mystery. However, you need to recognise that your brain works in 2 different ways. The one is when the power is on....the conscious brain - when you are awake. The other is your sub-conscious brain - when you are asleep or semi asleep. You have a serious decission to make? Feed/instruct the conscious brain all day with all the required information and parameters on the topic.....then ask, nay, tell, your God to take over. Forget/switch off completely and eventually get to go to sleep. Now if you are truly partnered up with God you will wake up in the morning and only after some time suddenly the solution will play out like a movie for you. What has happened? See the conscious brain is highly structured, constricted and programmed with auto stops and fears. Whereas the subconscious brain/mind is free, wooley, all over the show, knows no boundaries.....but if you exercise it all of the day before, pound it with information and request it to compute answers it CAN do just that because it is UNRESTRICTED. Remember you were created in the likeness of God.....lets do that again - you were created in the like ness of God. So now you asked your superdad to help organise your mind on the topic of.....well whatever....and bingo there comes the answer in the morning. Do this enough times and afterwards you will even forget how come I got the answer. It will become an autosuggest habit within you. Really quite simple to learn! You can change ANYTHING in your life if you simply repeat it for 30 consecutive days.....mind now, no cheating!
  • hyipfever likes this

#47 hyipfever

hyipfever

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love,
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,
but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
But where there are prophecies, they will cease;
where there are tongues, they will be stilled;
where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.
Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:1-13 NIV)
  • Vis likes this

#48 Guest_ionapat_*

Guest_ionapat_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Wow, when I joined this forum yesterday I certainly did not expect to find such a detailed and compelling discussion as this. I hope it is ok for a newcomer to your group to proffer an opinion?.
I note that the title is "Faith and God" and makes no reference to "relegion", it is for this reason that I feel comfortable joining in the discussion. I was born in "Catholic Ireland" and we were brought up to be devout in our religion, yes I believed in God and still do, but we spent more time learning about our RELIGION than we did about God and Faith, it seemed far more important to prove to ourselves that the Catholic Faith was "The One true Faith" and all others were of lesser value. In my opinion this is the reason why so many Catholics lost their faith when the grotesque scandal of Paedophilia rocked the church to it's foundation. We associated our "Faith" with our religion, and we DEPENDED on the Catholic church as our way to God. When the church was so gravely undermined, so too was the faith of many,My personal story is somewhat different and I am not sure if this is the place to share that story, if I have crossed a boundry please let me know. My already weakened faith was truly shattered when my wife died at the age of 34 when my eldest boy was 11, I mean what God would do such a thing?? we have all heard this been asked before. Anyway I struggled for some time, but having kids is a blessing and they showed me that there is a God and whilst hard to accept and I know it is a cliché maybe there really is reason for everything. 11 years after my wife died I met and fell in love with a woman, as it happens she is Muslim, raised to be devout just as I was, we discussed our respective belief systems and actually delved into Buddihsm as a possible compromise, the one thing we both agree on completely is this, if you take the teachings of our respective "Religions" out of our lives, we are exactly the same, we have FAITH and believe in GOD, and the most important thing is how we live our lives. The Bible and the Quoran have far more in common than they have differences, Well that's what life has taught me, but I respect the beliefs or lack thereof of everyone. None of us has the right to judge another,,
  • hyipfever and pako8007 like this

#49 skepticaldollars

skepticaldollars

HYIP investor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Locationamerica

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

Wow, when I joined this forum yesterday I certainly did not expect to find such a detailed and compelling discussion as this. I hope it is ok for a newcomer to your group to proffer an opinion?.
I note that the title is "Faith and God" and makes no reference to "relegion", it is for this reason that I feel comfortable joining in the discussion. I was born in "Catholic Ireland" and we were brought up to be devout in our religion, yes I believed in God and still do, but we spent more time learning about our RELIGION than we did about God and Faith, it seemed far more important to prove to ourselves that the Catholic Faith was "The One true Faith" and all others were of lesser value. In my opinion this is the reason why so many Catholics lost their faith when the grotesque scandal of Paedophilia rocked the church to it's foundation. We associated our "Faith" with our religion, and we DEPENDED on the Catholic church as our way to God. When the church was so gravely undermined, so too was the faith of many,My personal story is somewhat different and I am not sure if this is the place to share that story, if I have crossed a boundry please let me know. My already weakened faith was truly shattered when my wife died at the age of 34 when my eldest boy was 11, I mean what God would do such a thing?? we have all heard this been asked before. Anyway I struggled for some time, but having kids is a blessing and they showed me that there is a God and whilst hard to accept and I know it is a cliché maybe there really is reason for everything. 11 years after my wife died I met and fell in love with a woman, as it happens she is Muslim, raised to be devout just as I was, we discussed our respective belief systems and actually delved into Buddihsm as a possible compromise, the one thing we both agree on completely is this, if you take the teachings of our respective "Religions" out of our lives, we are exactly the same, we have FAITH and believe in GOD, and the most important thing is how we live our lives. The Bible and the Quoran have far more in common than they have differences, Well that's what life has taught me, but I respect the beliefs or lack thereof of everyone. None of us has the right to judge another,,

We have some friends in Ireland. They were visiting and told us about how it was illegal to be divorced in Ireland until relatively recently. He said that for all this time people were living in misery being forced to stay married. they way he made it sound half the country must have gotten divorced when the law changed. You had to be there but he was kinda funny.

I am very sorry to hear of the tragic event that took place in your life.

Would you mind if I said something about your thought on the matter of your wife's death and God's position in it?

If you would rather not hear it, believe me when I say, I understand if you want me to mind my own business. I'm sure you didn't bring it up because you want to hear other opinions of it as the event was deeply personal to you.

#50 skepticaldollars

skepticaldollars

HYIP investor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Locationamerica

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love,
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,
but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
But where there are prophecies, they will cease;
where there are tongues, they will be stilled;
where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.
Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:1-13 NIV)

:wub: essentially Paul was saying if you are not giving or prophesying because of the love in your heart then you are doing these things in the wrong light for the wrong aim.

#51 hyipfever

hyipfever

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

Hello ionapat.
Thank you for sharing one of the deepest and extremely difficult event of your life with us.
I must admit your post has really touched my heart and brought tears to my eyes.
The deaths of the loved ones are very difficult, it takes years to be able to forget,
In some cases the memories and sadness just linger and will never go away.
Happy for you that after 11 years you could fall in love and be happy again.
Wish you happiness, joy and gladness.
If you need to ask or share something,
pls do not hesitate to email me at hyipfever2@gmail.com
Will be glad to reply you.......one love.

#52 Guest_ionapat_*

Guest_ionapat_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

We have some friends in Ireland. They were visiting and told us about how it was illegal to be divorced in Ireland until relatively recently. He said that for all this time people were living in misery being forced to stay married. they way he made it sound half the country must have gotten divorced when the law changed. You had to be there but he was kinda funny.

I am very sorry to hear of the tragic event that took place in your life.

Would you mind if I said something about your thought on the matter of your wife's death and God's position in it?

If you would rather not hear it, believe me when I say, I understand if you want me to mind my own business. I'm sure you didn't bring it up because you want to hear other opinions of it as the event was deeply personal to you.

#53 Guest_ionapat_*

Guest_ionapat_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

Hi Scepticaldollars, yes divorce is a relatively new phenomenen in Ireland, and indeed many people, especially women lived in dreadful circumstances because of the situation. It is probably difficult for most people outside of Ireland to understand the huge róle the catholic church played in the political and social life of our little country. The parish Priest could make or break a man (especially a politician), a Bishop seemed all powerful and the Arch Bishop of Dublin had more power and was revered by more than the Prime Minister. When the church said that "no man could take asunder what God had put together" ie: marriage vows, well the Government just agreed, even when the referendum was eventually passed in 1995, it did so by the slimmest of margins, I think 50.2% to 49.8%. In fact on that day dreadful weather on the west coast (by far the most anti - Divorce part of the country) prevented many from making it to the polling stations. If it had been a good weather day it is likely that we would still not have legal divorce here. Was God telling his own church leaders something???
With regard to my personal situation, I opened that particular Pandora's Box, so feel free, I can assure you no offence will be taken

#54 Liberty

Liberty

PHP[Main(0)-PPB(0)-CPB(90)]

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

An interesting picture I came across on facebook.

It's entitled "God is the creator of Science"

Please note that I haven't cross checked those references, but I'm pretty sure they're correct.

524112_601331473229904_366236235_n.jpg

More on the wisdom of God.

Another interesting site citing text from the Quran, proving that Allah [God] is the all-knowing.

Scientific facts still being discovered and proved today were mentioned in the Quran 1400+ years ago.

http://www.quranands...-a-science.html

The believers have a good case here :)

• Moneychoice likes this

#55 skepticaldollars

skepticaldollars

HYIP investor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Locationamerica

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hi Scepticaldollars, yes divorce is a relatively new phenomenen in Ireland, and indeed many people, especially women lived in dreadful circumstances because of the situation. It is probably difficult for most people outside of Ireland to understand the huge róle the catholic church played in the political and social life of our little country. The parish Priest could make or break a man (especially a politician), a Bishop seemed all powerful and the Arch Bishop of Dublin had more power and was revered by more than the Prime Minister. When the church said that "no man could take asunder what God had put together" ie: marriage vows, well the Government just agreed, even when the referendum was eventually passed in 1995, it did so by the slimmest of margins, I think 50.2% to 49.8%. In fact on that day dreadful weather on the west coast (by far the most anti - Divorce part of the country) prevented many from making it to the polling stations. If it had been a good weather day it is likely that we would still not have legal divorce here. Was God telling his own church leaders something???
With regard to my personal situation, I opened that particular Pandora's Box, so feel free, I can assure you no offence will be taken

When I originally asked you if you mined if I chimed in on your experience and your thoughts I had something very specific to say to you. It was very clear and concise about 3 different topics you brought up but most importantly about your loss.  I had not been paying very good attention to posts or things I had been posting for a time after I asked you and have really been un able to talk very well for a number of days now.  I have just now come back and read your reply and re read you original post.

Unfortunately all my thoughts are all jumbled up and a little confused now.  I really doubt I would be able to put down any thoughts of true weight without them coming out more like gibberish.  I wish i had just said what I wanted to say but it seemed like a very personal matter and I don't like to force myself on people because I tend to come across the wrong way. MAybe my thoughts will come back to me but at this time my mind is not firing on all cylinders it seems. 

I just now realized its been over a week.  sorry for the lateness of my reply.  Thanks for telling me a little more about recent Irish history.  

#56 martlink

martlink

PHP[Main(170)-PPB(0)-CPB(0)]

• Basic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationRelaxing Peacefully

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:05 AM

To Start:

I have been following this thread, but have not made any comment so far. I am a Christian, and my faith in God (you may call it “Religion” on paper) is the most important aspect of my existence on earth today. Each morning I reflect on God to receive inner peace and joy and be inspired to love my fellow man. I came from a family that has known tragedy for so long that my present existence is by God’s grace alone and I’m so grateful to God.

Brief History:

My mother had nine (9) children, but lost 5 to various circumstances, remaining 4 males. Our father too is dead. About 6 years ago, one of the males died leaving behind a wife and 4 daughters. Right now, we are 3 alive, and no one else works in the family, except me. I toil night and day – killing myself to provide for my ‘tragedy-laden’ heartbroken and sick mother, my younger brother, my later brother’s wife and children and my own family too. During the day, I work at the Admin section of a factory (8am – 6pm), and in the night, I stay up late to update my blogs and take care of my online businesses – internet marketing, HYIPs etc…

God's Love in adversity:

With this history and sad memories flooding my mind everyday coupled with the enormous responsibilities on my shoulder, the only real source of joy and happiness in my heart is my Faith and thoughts of God’s love. I see and feel God’s love and presence each and every day. I believe God is love and He cares for us no matter what we go through in life. If we can only focus on God every morning, we will feel him in our heart. He is the source of peace and unity.

The Problem: Faith vs Religion

The real problem today is that people do not know who God really is. People profess religious beliefs and yet are far from the love of God. Sadly but true, even my fellow Christians and church leaders are many times out of tune with God. We fight everyday to defend our religious beliefs, we kill to defend our faith, we create enemies among men in the name of religion and turn the world to a battle ground in the name of God. That’s not Faith; that’s religion. Faith expresses our confidence in the unseen being and father of all; Faith makes us humble and sincere people; Faith creates love for others; but religion is like a “cause”, a “movement”, a “Vanguard” and that’s what people practice and call Faith in God.

God bless us all, and may we remember to pray for the dying, the hungry, war-torn communities of the globe.

(to be continued)

• Leela, hyipfever, Liberty and 1 other like this

#57 siwy

siwy

HYIP investor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:54 AM

I deleted the post for being off-topic.

#58 Moneychoice

Moneychoice

HYIP investor

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationAfrica.....most of the time....down towards the South.

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:13 AM

Who said it was in the same sentence?

Way in the beginning when I 1st started here I even said that I was totally gobsmacked that this was a forum where you quite clearly could speak openly on whatever topic tickled you. Having opened the doors to such openess I would never be the one to then go and put restraints on somebody like hyipfever who has inputed tremendously towards this particular subject matter. Without which I could never have gleaned the stunning insight into who she is potentially. This for me is the magnificence of this place. I really don't think you should try and look for any irony.....there ARE some truly great people here and wonderful subject topics.
  • hyipfever and martlink like this

#59 martlink

martlink

PHP[Main(170)-PPB(0)-CPB(0)]

• Basic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationRelaxing Peacefully

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

No offense to anyone, I respect everyone's religious beliefs and find a lot of the posts here very touching. But the irony of religious talk in a hyip forum isn't lost on me, especially as we can never know who is real and who is a poser aka admin is disguise. I think it's even more dangerous when you consider the growing trend of using the religion card by a couple of recent prominent hyips. I would be careful of anyone who talks about religion, God, etc and hyip in the same sentence.

Yeah, Siwy I share your concern and respect your thought about this thread... However, I see nothing wrong in talking about our Faith in any forum, if given the chance. What I don't like is talking about "Religious Movements" - that's war and chaos... By the way, HYIP (as in High Yield Investment Programs or Projects or Businesses) are not bad; its the Ponzi Scheme employed by most - if not all - HYIP Admins that's bad, and they lie that they do real business. Example, many years back, some local miners dig up precious metals in my area and merchants buy and resell within few days at over 200% ROI, that's a High Yield Investment, not Ponzi scheme; some even collect money from people, trade and return high profits. Of course, the business attracted so many people and months later, it died off due to many issues. So, in my opinion, I can discuss my Faith in public forums, but not Religious Movements and that's what this thread is about... One Love Pal.

• Leela and hyipfever like this

#60 siwy

siwy

HYIP investor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:36 AM

Sorry, I've deleted this post too for being off-topic.