73 replies to this topic

#1 hyiptoon

hyiptoon

Previous Admin Assistant

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

We already have dedicated thread of suggestions for newbie guide but we do not have any active thread for any other suggestions to improve quality of this forum. I have seen members suggesting on random threads and it leads nowhere.

I request Admin or Mods to make this thread as dedicated thread of new suggestions and move it to proper place of this forum

Below are some of the suggestions I would like to make. These list includes suggestions of my own as well as other members which I have seen somewhere in this forum.
  • In HYIP section, we should make subsection of Mid Terms and Long Terms HYIPs for better control (Personally I am against to open threads of short term hyips unless we know the admin. e.g.: highlight finance). If Admin or Mods wants to add subsection of Short Terms as well please do so.
  • New members should wait at least 10-50 post (Admin can decide actual #) before they can PM any other member (Except Admin or Mods) to avoid spamming.
  • Make a script change, when new member register, he/she can only write first post in the introduce section so that we know the member when he/she post subsequent posts.
  • Add link of PHB & Hyipchat on home page.
  • Allow more than 3 smileys in the post.
  • Add some more smileys, what we have now are very limited to express our feelings. Even Hyipchat has better smileys.
  • Don't know if animated Avatar is possible but if it is then we should have option to create it. (At least hyipfever will like it)

I invite all the members to express any new ideas or suggestions to improve quality of this forum here. Don't hold back. Write it here on this thread. No ideas or suggestions are good or bad just reveal here and let Admin and mods decide to implement it or not.

One Love... :)
  • Colaro, hyip777, Casper and 1 other like this

#2 hyipfever

hyipfever

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • LocationIn the midst of thunder, lightning and colorful petals

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

We already have dedicated thread of suggestions for newbie guide but we do not have any active thread for any other suggestions to improve quality of this forum. I have seen members suggesting on random threads and it leads nowhere.
I request Admin or Mods to make this thread as dedicated thread of new suggestions and move it to proper place of this forum
Below are some of the suggestions I would like to make. These list includes suggestions of my own as well as other members which I have seen somewhere in this forum.

• In HYIP section, we should make subsection of Mid Terms and Long Terms HYIPs for better control (Personally I am against to open threads of short term hyips unless we know the admin. e.g.: highlight finance). If Admin or Mods wants to add subsection of Short Terms as well please do so.
  • New members should wait at least 10-50 post (Admin can decide actual #) before they can PM any other member (Except Admin or Mods) to avoid spamming.
  • Make a script change, when new member register, he/she can only write first post in the introduce section so that we know the member when he/she post subsequent posts.
  • Add link of PHB & Hyipchat on home page.
  • Allow more than 3 smileys in the post.
  • Add some more smileys, what we have now are very limited to express our feelings. Even Hyipchat has better smileys.
  • Don't know if animated Avatar is possible but if it is then we should have option to create it. (At least hyipfever will like it)
I invite all the members to express any new ideas or suggestions to improve quality of this forum here. Don't hold back. Write it here on this thread. No ideas or suggestions are good or bad just reveal here and let Admin and mods decide to implement it or not.
One Love... :)

Thanks hyiptoon for starting this thread.
* I'd like to ask this 'suggestion thread' to be PINNED somewhere so that It will not get 'lost and sink' amongst other threads (maybe second after Avatar Competition)?
* Every member can suggest something, BUT it's a prerogative right of the Admins and Mods to implement them or not. We're here only to suggest not to demand something beyond the capability of the administration to carry them out.
* Hope we have the freedom to change our avatars from time to time. Since avatars are something personal to the owners please do not feel 'annoyed' if members keep on changing theirs. Can senior members do this as well?
* In 'thoughts from all around the world' section please classify threads accordingly by LIGHT and HEAVY stuffs for example (more organized and not confusing)
* Light Stuffs : Jokes, Quotes, Hobbies, technologies, Musics, Movies,
* Threads started by Vis
(give room to people who enjoy writing and expressing their mind - above 5 Threads)
* Threads started by Skepticdollars
(Give room to people who enjoy writing and expressing their mind - above 5 threads)
* Heavy stuffs : Policies, governments, education, matters of a nation / world, social concerns etc
* Spirituality : Faith, Religions, Ethics, Manners etc.
* One love........

#3 Vis

Vis

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

Right then...
I'm compiling a reply at the moment, please come back to this thread in about 3 weeks time.... ;)

In the meanwhile, This Topic has been Pinned. :)

#4 Vis

Vis

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

Good heavens, doesn't 3 weeks just fly by, lol

Ok then, My thoughts {in Brackets} on a couple of things:-

Hope we have the freedom to change our avatars from time to time. Since avatars are something personal to the owners please do not feel 'annoyed' if members keep on changing theirs. Can senior members do this as well?
{I'm the worst offender in that aspect so far. Wouldn't it be a bit more confusing for the avatar competition though ? If the winner had had about 12 avatars this year, Which avatar would have been the winning one ? Or does that really make any difference ? I am waffling now, Please ignore all this if you wish, lol}

Every member can suggest something, BUT it's a prerogative right of the Admins and Mods to implement them or not. We're here only to suggest not to demand something beyond the capability of the administration to carry them out.
{True}

Most, if not all of these options can be done by Colaro, If he can open the Folders, we mods can do the shifting.

Medium term and Long-term HYIP Programs should be in seperate Folders ? (We mods need to know which ones to put where though, some may overlap....)
Possibly a Folder for Short-Term HYIP's as well ?
A larger number of Moderated Posts (10-25, I think is reasonable)

PM's not allowed before new members have made the required number of Posts
A new rule, The First Post must be an Introduction ?
Links to PHB & Hyipchat
MORE SMILEYS
MORE 'LIKES'
(Hint, Hint)
Animated Avatars if possible

So, by my reckoning we need at least 12 Sub-Topics or Folders in 'thoughts from all around the world' section then?
Jokes
Quotes
Hobbies
Technologies
Music
Movies
Threads started by Vis (Oh heck, that might cause an uproar among some people, lol)
Threads started by Skepticdollars (yes, I like our little Skeptik)
Policies or Politics
Governments
Education
Matters of a nation / world, social concerns etc
Others.

Is there anything I've missed so far?

The comments in curly brackets are just my opinions, other opinions are available...

Cheers.
  • hyiptoon likes this

#5 hyiptoon

hyiptoon

Previous Admin Assistant

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

I told you Vis yesterday that I will make you work. :lol: :P

#6 Colaro

Colaro

PHF Co-Admin

• Administrators
  • 4,850 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Hyiptoon, you read in my minds, well all good ideas I have already thought :)
I will implement them, just give me some time.

#7 hyiptoon

hyiptoon

Previous Admin Assistant

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

Hyiptoon, you read in my minds, well all good ideas I have already thought
I will implement them, just give me some time.

If I could read in your mind, I will know your thought process of selection of hyip, amount to invest and entry/exit of a hyip. Then I will also make tons of money like you. :lol: :lol:

But the sad truth is no matter how hard I try, I can't read your mind :angry:
  • riverofgold007 likes this

#8 hyiptoon

hyiptoon

Previous Admin Assistant

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:17 AM

One variation I can think for short term hyips is:

On subsection of Short term hyips, only Senior Members are allowed to start new thread.

#9 Colaro

Colaro

PHF Co-Admin

• Administrators
  • 4,850 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

If I could read in your mind, I will know your thought process of selection of hyip, amount to invest and entry/exit of a hyip. Then I will also make tons of money like you.

But the sad truth is no matter how hard I try, I can't read your mind :angry:

Hyiptoon, it's all about trusted contacts you got within months/years in this industry.
Think about the chance you have to know this forum, you have already some good contacts here, now think within 2/3 years ;)
  • hyiptoon likes this

#10 hyipfever

hyipfever

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Do you guys think it's time to post some banners on this forum?
PLEASE put up UPC and NOBOX BANNERS on this forum, PLEASE......PLEASE....PLEASE.........

#11 Colaro

Colaro

PHF Co-Admin

• Administrators
  • 4,850 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

Hyipfever, as I have understood, most of people here don't want banners advertising. We will be no different from the others forums by adding banners. I will avoid banners if possible but I need your active contributions.
The concept of "ref commission back to money pool" is the best one. Still, I can see only 1 program in our community portfolio. I'm waiting for one YES vote for NoBox from a senior member. Just select YES or NO and it's done!
There are also different ways to contribute to money pool : adding our community portfolio link to your signature in other places (I added the community portfolio link to my TalkGold signature), advertising our portfolio in PTA,...

#12 Gangnam Guy

Gangnam Guy

HYIP investor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

So, by my reckoning we need at least 12 Sub-Topics or Folders in 'thoughts from all around the world' section then?
Jokes
Quotes
Hobbies
Technologies
Music
Movies
Threads started by Vis (Oh heck, that might cause an uproar among some people, lol)
Threads started by Skepticdollars (yes, I like our little Skeptik)
Policies or Politics
Governments
Education
Matters of a nation / world, social concerns etc
Others.

SPORTS!! :wub:

#13 Vis

Vis

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

SPORTS!! :wub:

Yeucch !!
  • Casper likes this

#14 hyipfever

hyipfever

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

Hyipfever, as I have understood, most of people here don't want banners advertising. We will be no different from the others forums by adding banners. I will avoid banners if possible but I need your active contributions.
The concept of "ref commission back to money pool" is the best one. Still, I can see only 1 program in our community portfolio. I'm waiting for one YES vote for NoBox from a senior member. Just select YES or NO and it's done!
There are also different ways to contribute to money pool : adding our community portfolio link to your signature in other places (I added the community portfolio link to my TalkGold signature), advertising our portfolio in PTA,...

Hi Colaro
* I'm suggesting only for two banners to be put up in this forum since they're our 'Official Quality Programs' of PHF Portfolio: UPC and NoBox, no other banners apart from these two are allowed untill we've decided the next quality program for this community.
* We've to realize many people are 'Visual' meaning a picture (banner) speak a thousand words
to attract them to sign under PHF ref. links.
* These two banners will be 'visual tools' to remind us of our commitment to lead newbies to join only
quality programs that have been picked by our experienced players in this forum.
* I have already hit the Yes button for NoBox a long time ago.
* What kind of active contribution you need from me? Starting from April (not April Fool) I will surrender
all of my active investment ref. links to you. With your help we'll start putting all of my investment lists in the TrackEgg,
then you tell me what to do next or you just do what you think is good with it.

#15 Colaro

Colaro

PHF Co-Admin

• Administrators
  • 4,850 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

Hi Colaro
* I'm suggesting only for two banners to be put up in this forum since they're our 'Official Quality Programs' of PHF Portfolio: UPC and NoBox, no other banners apart from these two are allowed untill we've decided the next quality program for this community.
* We've to realize many people are 'Visual' meaning a picture (banner) speak a thousand words
to attract them to sign under PHF ref. links.
* These two banners will be 'visual tools' to remind us of our commitment to lead newbies to join only
quality programs that have been picked by our experienced players in this forum.
* I have already hit the Yes button for NoBox a long time ago.
* What kind of active contribution you need from me? Starting from April (not April Fool) I will surrender
all of my active investment ref. links to you. With your help we'll start putting all of my investment lists in the TrackEgg,
then you tell me what to do next or you just do what you think is good with it.

We could put a banner ad at the top which leads to our community portfolio ?
In this case, I could organize a contest about creating banners for our community portfolio (which I can see our core values in this forum). Moreover, you could use those banners ads created by members of our community to advertise our community portfolio.
  • hyiptoon, hyip777 and hyipfever like this

#16 hyipfever

hyipfever

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Yes
In this case, I could organize a contest about creating banners for our community portfolio
(which I can see our core values in this forum).
Good
Moreover, you could use those banners ads created by members of our community to advertise our community portfolio.
Yes

#17 hyiptoon

hyiptoon

Previous Admin Assistant

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

Let this theme (I believe its called Vintage theme) be default theme but would be nice to have option to change another 2-3 themes. (Just like Avatars).

#18 hyiptoon

hyiptoon

Previous Admin Assistant

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

In this case, I could organize a contest about creating banners for our community portfolio (which I can see our core values in this forum). Moreover, you could use those banners ads created by members of our community to advertise our community portfolio.

Creating banner of our portfolio would be nice. Bring it on Colaro!

#19 hyip777

hyip777

HYIP investor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:33 PM

Great idea, Colaro :)

#20 Moneychoice

Moneychoice

HYIP investor

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationAfrica.....most of the time....down towards the South.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

only found this post/topic now.
If you want to improve member retention you will simply have to get a translate bit of bought software. Actually supplied by same ppl that do the little box that tells where in the world the last 10 visitors are from.
Have you seen from the new arrivals list where all these new members are coming from??