#1 skepticaldollars

skepticaldollars

HYIP investor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Locationamerica

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

Me and my bird Otis sat down to eat a ham sandwich. Ham and swiss on white bread. I made two and he got a 1/4 of one of them. Most times otis only eats the cheese. Cheese is one of his favorite things. I always make him a complete sandwich with meat and bread and cheese so he has the option of eating the whole thing. Today he nibbled at the ham and also had a potato chip. Chips go good with ham and cheese. Even birds Know that. As I was watching him hold his sandwich and nibble away with his tiny bird bites I started to think.
I wish I would have called myself "hamsandwich" on PHF and used a ham sandwich as an avatar.

I'm not sure why. I guess its because most people like Ham sandwiches. It may not be everyones first choice for a sandwich but most people won't turn it down if it is offered in friendship. Unless your a vegetarian then I guess its just yucky. Otis would rather have grilled cheese with french fries but I like him to have options.
I guess I would like most people to like me. Or at least not to turn me down If I offered friend ship much like a vegetarian with a ham sandwich.

it was just on my mind today. It was a good sandwich by the way.
  • private34, Casper and RawGeseepap like this

#2 Colaro

Colaro

PHF Co-Admin

• Administrators
  • 4,852 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

Hey, do you want I change your username to " hamsandwich" ? :D
  • private34 and RawGeseepap like this

#3 Vis

Vis

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

I just had a Ham sandwich today as well..... Not my usual choice for a Sunday.... I wondered where the idea came from, lol

#4 hyipsurvival

hyipsurvival

PHF Sponsor - PHP[Main(410)-PPB(0)-CPB(0)]

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

hehe, I am a vegan, I prefer the nickname SkepticalDollars :)

#5 skepticaldollars

skepticaldollars

HYIP investor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Locationamerica

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

hehe, I am a vegan, I prefer the nickname SkepticalDollars :)

Skepticaldollars it is then. I wouldn't want to offend everyone who does not like ham :) and I guess more people like money than a ham sandwich any way. Though I do not understand why vegans choose to pick on the most helpless of living things on our planet :o . vegetables never harm any one that do not try to eat them first.

But I do not hold it against you as long as you will allow me and otis to keep eating meat and if your ever over for dinner I'll even fix squash and navy beans for us to share.

sound good?

#6 hyipsurvival

hyipsurvival

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Skepticaldollars it is then. I wouldn't want to offend everyone who does not like ham :) and I guess more people like money than a ham sandwich any way. Though I do not understand why vegans choose to pick on the most helpless of living things on our planet :o . vegetables never harm any one that do not try to eat them first.

But I do not hold it against you as long as you will allow me and otis to keep eating meat and if your ever over for dinner I'll even fix squash and navy beans for us to share.

sound good?

sounds excellent! especially the navy-beans part :)

#7 skepticaldollars

skepticaldollars

HYIP investor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Locationamerica

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

sounds excellent! especially the navy-beans part :)

Normally I season the navy beans with ham :P but for you the ham will be left out. the squash is a mix of yellow and zuchinni squash grilled. Normally I baste with butter (and a ham rub. just kidding) but I am guessing you don't eat butter so olive oil would be used.

I know how to accommodate guests. I'll have everyone over as soon as I make it rich in the hyip business.
  • Vis likes this

#8 riverofgold007

riverofgold007

HYIP investor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationPeas in a Pod

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

Thanks skeptical dollars for the discussion on ham sandwiches. I personally will eat them at any time. Especially those offered in friendship. Also looking forward to a hyip party at your house. :-)

#9 skepticaldollars

skepticaldollars

HYIP investor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Locationamerica

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Thanks skeptical dollars for the discussion on ham sandwiches. I personally will eat them at any time. Especially those offered in friendship. Also looking forward to a hyip party at your house. :-)

I sure wish i could make it happen. Your on the guest list when it does.

#10 Rossman01

Rossman01

PHP[Main(400)-PPB(0)-CPB(0)]

• Basic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationHuntington Beach, California, USA

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

I got to thinking about this and yes the Ham sandwich theory is valid, but we must approach it from another angle....

Yes it's true that Otis only eats the cheese from the ham sammy.

- This simply give Otis a serious abundance of Ham and Bread!

Meanwhile Skeptical Dollars has eaten ALL of his own. - I think he owes Otis some Mooh-lah (or at least an extra cracker), as he likely ATE OTIS' PORTION!!

Birds have a tendency to live a long time, so, MrSkD, How many Sammys, do you owe Otis?

-------------------------------------------------------------

(btw, the bird in my Avatar was named Mr Spock. - He was a raven who had been kicked out of his nest and we brought home and adopted him - We loved him very much - one day he came home (he was free to come and go) and jumped up on his perch..... and took a nose dive to the floor - it was very sad... he died in my hands - I miss him dearly)

Rm

----- Try feeding it to him without the mayo.-------

• hyipsurvival likes this

#11 hyipsurvival

hyipsurvival

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:52 AM

Rossman, i feeded a baby crow last year, too bad that imprinting has been too strong and he grew up thinking to be a human being  :)  for this reason it was impossible to release him in nature, now he lives in a wild animals' sanctuary.

• Rossman01 likes this

#12 Rossman01

Rossman01

PHP[Main(400)-PPB(0)-CPB(0)]

• Basic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationHuntington Beach, California, USA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

Rossman, i feeded a baby crow last year, too bad that imprinting has been too strong and he grew up thinking to be a human being  :)  for this reason it was impossible to release him in nature, now he lives in a wild animals' sanctuary.

It was very difficult for us for that reason, the neighbors hated it - He was so brave he would swoop the little kids at the bus stop, and would pick on the neighbors pets. It was an interesting couple years.. - The one thing I do not miss is the mess....yuck.

• hyipsurvival likes this