#1 Vis

Vis

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

A Good Morning to all in here from Vis.

A special Good morning to Frank & Anthyp, I've known them for a few years now.
I've been watching from the sidelines for a while, and finally decided to come into the Forum. ;)

There may be a few more in here I know, I'll say hello to them if/when I see them.

Last but definitely not least, Good morning to All of the Mods. You are doing a great job in here. :)
  • private34, RawGeseepap, ArthurFah and 4 others like this

#2 gummibearu

gummibearu

PHF Junkie

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThat lawn chair, sipping on soda

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Welcome to the forums Posted Image
  • RawGeseepap likes this

#3 Colaro

Colaro

PHF Co-Admin

• Administrators
  • 4,516 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

Thanks Vis for your kind words and welcome in our community :)

#4 Liberty

Liberty

PHP[Main(0)-PPB(0)-CPB(90)]

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Welcome aboard! :)

#5 Vis

Vis

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

A Good Morning to all in here, thanks for all the welcomes.
:D
  • private34 likes this

#6 hyipfever

hyipfever

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • LocationIn the midst of thunder, lightning and colorful petals

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Welcome Vis. Nothing much about yourself here, thanks anyway.

#7 Vis

Vis

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Welcome Vis. Nothing much about yourself here, thanks anyway.

Lol fever,
hahaha
I will put a bit more in here when I've got a bit more time, ok?
Awfully busy at the moment doncha know?
see you later on..... :)

#8 Vis

Vis

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Hmmm..
It appears that (Hyip)Fever wants to know a bit more about little old me....
Can't refuse the ladies, can we?
Especially the Golden ones, hehehe
Trouble is, she jumped in here too soon... hahaha, worra let-down, ey Lass?

Ok then, let's start with the jolly old basics.

I'm from the UK, a male in my late fifties, Retired & single (and quite happy with that status up to now thank you)
Hobbies are reading, walking, and generally getting under other peoples feet.
I like taking things apart. Heck, I've even managed to put a few of them back together again....
There were just these odd little bits left over, where do they go?
Ack, forget it, it's working, leave it alone.

That'll do for starters, I'm pretty sure she will ask some probing questions when she comes back in here, we will start the Q & A's then... omg.....

--------------------------------------------------------

What about the Hyip world?

Well, that started with a postal hyip way back in the middle 1980's.
A simple little game where you post amounts in multiples of $10, send it to an address (in this case, the nearest was in Eire) and after a month, you would get double your money back.
What a luvverly little game, it was introduced to me by one of my friends. It had worked great for him, so why not have a go at it myself?
No downlines to bother with, just post and wait for the dosh to come. Great. Hyips were much easier to play in those times, and much simpler. Ah, the good old days, lol......

This game worked just fine for just over 18 months, by which time I had accumulated a significant amount of $$$, enough to buy my first Desktop PC. Heck, It was well over £2k back then, Woah! But, in for a penny, in for a pound. I bought the whole kaboodle while I was at it, printer, copier, etc...)
Back to the game......
I really don't know why they bothered to go on the internet in the first place. It was only a site buried under about 7 or 8 pages - It probably shouldn't have been there in the first place, it must have broken quite a few rules & regs - and all it was there for was to enable you to print out the forms required, but then you still had to send it through the post !

I ask you, what a waste of time & money..... I bought all that equipment, spent hours trying to get all the bits & bobs working, getting internet access through the phone (Wow, more expense, and hellishly slow access, lol). All that just to print out some forms for this game, and I still had to send it through the post???
What a complete and utter mess !

About 3 weeks later, the bubble burst.
The payments started getting slower.... Instead of recieving nice crisp USD in multiples of 10, they started arriving in old crinkly ones of all values. a few months after that, the site - if you can call a page hidden away like that a site - disappeared.

Game Over.

I was quite happy with that. I got a PC out of the profits, I had amassed quite a nice little pile of $$ ready for playing a few of these other likely-looking programs that I stumbled across, so all was hunky-dory for me just then.
That is where the hyip games began for me.

I think that'll do me for now...

Ok darlin, that's the first instalment done.

Over to you......
  • adul and anthyp like this

#9 hyipfever

hyipfever

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • LocationIn the midst of thunder, lightning and colorful petals

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Thanks Vis I can't believe it, you write faster than lightning. Enjoy your story......Once again welcome to this forum.

#10 riverofgold007

riverofgold007

HYIP investor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationPeas in a Pod

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Wow Vis,

Thanks for the history lesson. That was pretty neat. I wouldn't have thought there was a history to hyip outside of the internet. Cool.

#11 Vis

Vis

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

Wow Vis,

Thanks for the history lesson. That was pretty neat. I wouldn't have thought there was a history to hyip outside of the internet. Cool.

Oh, yes.
There were quite a few postal Hyips back then.
There was one that sent round these glossy certificates, one of your typical stright line cyclers.
On the certificates was a list of 5 names, with yours being on the bottom.
It was too expensive for me at the time though, you had to give something like $25 to the other 4 persons on the list. Far too much for my small budget at the time. The other problem was that you had to get referrals in order to make any decent money.
I was crap at gettirng referrals back then, I didn't know anyone who would be interested in playing these games.
Hell, I still don't like giving ref links now, lol
Since I've started playing thes Hyip games, I've given my ref link to no more than 10 people. I don't like it Yeucch!

There were cheaper, inferior versions of this type going round as well.
In these you had to make as many copies as you wanted - some suggested at least 100 - you had to buy a 'safe list' of people who were interest in 'postal investing opportunities' - there was a list of firms who supplied these 'safe lists' included - Then you just had to buy all the stamps, pay a £1 to all the other names on the list, enclose a note saying 'please enrol my name for your services'.
Hahaha, that was supposed to be the legal requirement at the time,....Lol
Then you post them and wait for the money to come flooding through your letter-box.
HA!
Fat chance of that happening.
There was one major flaw involved with these inferior types of games though.
It relied on your honesty in copying the letters and putting your name at the bottom of the list instead of trying to cheat the system.
Far too easy to cheat, really. This is where MR GREED steps in.....
All you had to do was put your name at the top of the list instead of the bottom. toooo eaassssy......
Nope, those games weren't worth playing then, and still aren't.

(to be continued)
sometime.......
:)
  • anthyp likes this

#12 Vis

Vis

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

Right then, to continue with the Hyips.

Who remembers E-gold?
That was the currency mainly used in those times.
Ok, get an e-gold account... Drat. More usernames, numbers, passwords, pin codes to remember.... I need a bigger notebook, lol
(No, please don't ask how many of these I have now, I'd be too scared to find out)

I saw a site promising 700% in 7 minutes... sounds great
Create yet another account, login, deposit $1
Only $1 ?
Yep, I may be slightly daft to even think of playing this idiotic game, but I ain't daft enough to put any more in it !
It worked like a charm. After a couple of hours 100% compounding, there was a nice sum of money in there.
Withdraw. let's try $100 to start with..... A week passed, no payment. Ok, maybe a smaller amount, say $10?
Another week passed... no payment. In the meantime, I was going great guns, wondering what I would spend the money on.
No payments. Hmmm......
Then I found Goldpoll. A quick search later, and there were the details of this nasty little proggy that hasn't paid me yet.
It was in the Blacklis. It had been blacklisted for over 500 days.
HA !
That's what you get for being greedy, and just jumping into any program without checking what you're getting into.

The classic Newbie's mistake.
By this time, I had accumulated over $63 million. BUT. I only lost the $1, thank goodness.
63 mill.... (sigh)

Oh, A few words about monitors while we're on that subject.
There were a few others around, but they were pretty primitive.
Most of then only had the name of the Program (Link included), The interest daily or weekly, and the e-currency involved.
Pretty basic, huh?
That's how they were then, at least the ones that I could find were.
I was still bumbling my way through this new-fangled 'wubbleyew web' as it was nicknamed back then... I still call it that sometimes, lol
(wubble yew :- shorter than saying world-wide-web, lol)

There are many more monitors & blogs around nowadays, but you still have to be careful.
Some are still promoting Hyips like the one above, and they're the ones you have to avoid. If they're promoting Hyips with these ridiculous returns, you're better off looking elsewhere. I reckon those types of monitors are as bad -if not worse - than the Hyips themselves.

Well, that'll be enough for today, gotta bit of work to do. See you later.

(To be continued......)
  • Casper likes this

#13 Drave

Drave

HYIP investor

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Awesome Vis! Looking forward for next info "behind the scenes" and another history lesson :)
  • riverofgold007 likes this

#14 talentinveststar

talentinveststar

HYIP investor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

hi Mr Vis,

thanks for sharing your history with us, interesting journey.
it will be even more interesting to predict how the HYIP indusrty be like in the Future.

what do you think about Uinvest, if i were to ask?
good future for investors like us?

#15 Vis

Vis

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

hi Mr Vis,

thanks for sharing your history with us, interesting journey.
it will be even more interesting to predict how the HYIP indusrty be like in the Future.

what do you think about Uinvest, if i were to ask?
good future for investors like us?

Hi Star,

No, no, no mate.
Do us a favour, and drop the 'Mr.'
That's far too formal for a friendly little forum like this. :)

I'm not the best one to ask about Uinvest, as I withdrew everything from them a while ago.
That's because I didn't like some of the changes they were making.
I've made a decent profit from them though, so I'm quite satisfied with that.

Have you read the Interviews that Frank had with the Uinvest Representatives?
http://hyip-blog-inv...tegory/uinvest/
If you haven't already done so, go and have a read of them, it's all interesting stuff. :)
Better still, read all of the articles in there.....
It's all good educational stuff.
Ok mate?

Best of luck in the big, bad, Hyip jungle out there.

Cheers
  • talentinveststar likes this

#16 Vis

Vis

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

Awesome Vis! Looking forward for next info "behind the scenes" and another history lesson :)

Hi Drave,

hehehe.....
I've almost finished the pre-internet ones.
One thing I will say is that I haven't been playing these Hyip games since the late 80's, there have been a few breaks in between.
But you'll find out about them later on, Ok?

See you around.....

Cheers

#17 Vis

Vis

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

Ok, here we go again.

My sister had noticed that I was getting these American Dollars through the post from the first Program I was in, and wanted to know more about it. She thought it was too good to be true, but when she saw the pile I had accumulated was quite surprised, and thought the same as I did. It's risky, but it works. Make the most of it while you can. Great.

There's just one more pre-internet Hyip that was going round, I can't remember the full name of it, it was Tri-something, and it was a Program based in Canada. I'd been having letters concerning this Program for quite a few months already, and I'd heard there was an online version coming soon, so that was nice timing as I'd got all the bits & bobs of my new Desktop PC working.
It sounded like a reasonable Program at the time. It was offering 7% interest for the lifetime of your deposit. (Deposits were refundable within 30 working days. No hidden charges, etc.)

The only thing that was stopping me was the deposit and methods involved. The minimum deposit was one thousand Dollars.
That was one hell of a big lump of money to risk in those days.
The only method of deposit was by bank wire.
I'd only ever sent one bank wire before, so, as I wasn't too certain of the details required, I waited for their Program to come online, to see if they explained in more detail.

I showed my sister this Program when it arrived on the web. It had been working offline for about 7 years, apparently without any major problems so far. None that I could find. She was a little sceptical about it. The amount was the stumbling block.
I thought, no harm in asking, go for it. 'Do you wanna go halves'
She surprised me by saying yes. That made the decision about playing the program slightly easier.

Ok then. To the bank wire instuctions page before she changed her mind. Great. Make a list of all requirements needed, toddle off down to the bank, fill in the wire, send it off. Settle down, wait for a month for the 7% to arrive in my Bank acount.........

The first payment arrived within a week. What a luvverly surprise! Hey, I'm not gonna argue with that.
A month later, another 7%. Nice.
Yes, I duly split the proceeds 50/50 with Sis every time the payments arrived, and she was as happy as I was that it was working well.

The next payment was overdue. Wait a bit longer. 2 weeks more, no payment, go online, see what's happening....
It took a while. The website had gone. Now, how to search for this program?
Tri-whatever + Canada. Omg, phone internetting is slow.....
Plenty of advertising about it, not very useful. what are these forums?
Have a quick look at one...

It turned out that the Canadian Government had closed it down
I found out a few new words in that forum.
Scam. Ponzie.
I had a few for the Canadian Government.
Swines ! Damn those interfering toerags ! Aaaarrrrgggghhhh !
Hehehe, I can laugh about it now, many years later. But I had entirely different feelings about it at that time.

So, a few hours later, lets see if I can find out a bit more....
Another search for more forums agonisingly long seconds later, I found some, and also the Canadian Governments warnings about that Program. Ponzie was the word they used to described about it. Search for Ponzie.
Hmmm... Ok.
A few more words popped into mind again......

Sis wasn't very happy about it, and neither was I. I had to pay her back, didn't I?
Grin and bear it fella, it's gotta be done. I can't NOT give her the money back, life would be hell until she got her $500 back.
It's a good job the £ was in a better exchange rate back then, eh?
No idea really what it was, but it was definitely better.
Either way, it was another lesson to be learned.
No way would I involve family or friends again. I've stuck to that ever since.
(btw, she knows I still play these games, but she's keeping her distance this time, and she is also making sure that I take some money out every so often.... Lol, I'm not gonna argue about that !)
I deemed myself damn lucky to get those few months interest out of that Program, I could quite easily have lost the lot.
Grrrrr....

There were the other internet games to play though.
You can probably guess the way they went.
Win some, lose some, blah blah blah .....
I must have played a few 100 or more, but I was losing interest in these games.
Time to leave. I had some small profits out of the games so far.
Cash in what I had in e-gold, put it in the bank. Okey-dokey, it's not a huge amount, But it'll do me.
I had a little bit more than I started with. Considering I knew naff all about Hyips, that's gotta be good.

So, Bye bye to the internet. Maybe I'll come back later..... I'll think about it.....

But you know that's not the end, don't you?
hehehe

(To be continued)

#18 riverofgold007

riverofgold007

HYIP investor

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationPeas in a Pod

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

Wow Vis,
You had me at the edge of my seat. Next instalment please!

#19 Vis

Vis

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Wow Vis,
You had me at the edge of my seat. Next instalment please!

Hahaha.... All in good time.......

#20 Vis

Vis

HYIP investor

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:41 AM

Now then, I haven't got the foggiest idea of when I left the internet and came back in again those particular brain cells must have gone out for walkabout. If any of you see 'em anywhere, please send them back.... hmm, it must have been 2-3 years since I left.
But come back I did, ready to try my luck again. Am I daft or what?

First thing to do was look & see what's happening in the wubbleyweb.
A few improvements were immediately apparent.
One I particularly liked was the appearance of some cheaper internet access providers.
Anything was better than paying the phone bills, lol. Omg, I still remember the shock of seeing exactly how much I had contributed to them.......

There were a few offering free access. Yay! That's just what I needed. hahaha, Goodbye internet bills.
I think it was called easysurf, eezysurf, summat like that. They didn't even ask for a joining fee.
Piggin marvellous ! Lemme at it ! hahaha.
There were a few hiccups now and again, but they settled down in a short time. Access was still over the phone, still excrutiatingly slow, but who cared about that?
It was Free ! Wahey !
I'm gonna stay on the net all day long, dadadada, dadadada.
There was just one teensy-weensy problem with that. Every time someone used the phone, I got cut off !
Damn, I need an extension.......

One extension later, this dude did some surfing
The amount of silly websites on there. Some on cheese, others on biscuits, some technical ones that went miles over my head, something called C, and C+. I think it was anyway, my eyes glazed over after the first few dozen words....
There's some beautiful sites in there, and quite a few less so.
Naughty sites galore kept popping up, and some were not to be discussed in public. I'm no prude, but I do have my limits.....
Brrrr. Move on

E-gold. Where's my passwords?
Gotcha. Oh heck, they still work !
Update everything, email, passwords, etc......
Not much change in here, where are the games?

Search Hyip. Hmm, there's a few more of these about. Ok
Search Hyip Forums. Ok, got a few of them saved, let's surf......
I tried a few of the older games I played last time, none survived, all were scammed....

Okey dokey. How about Hyip monitors?
Ooh, I say. There's a few more of these about, some with quite garish colour schemes, lol
Hmm, some of these monitors are advertising those ridiculously huge interest sites...
Stay away from those sites, if they're advertising them Programs, I don't want to know about them.
How many of these Hyip games are there, anyway? I can't keep track of all of these.....
The quest of looking for some 'decent' monitors was dwindling fast. Then I went back to the forums and noticed these signatures below the payments that people posted. Most led to more monitors just as bad as the ones i'd already seen. Hopeless.
Then I noticed one saying 'Paying Programs? Visit my blog'. What the hell's a blog?

Click.

Omg, these are a bit primitive compared to the flashy monitors I'd seen earlier.
Hmm, there's some more of these blogs in the links.....
Ooh, more then I thought....
Bookmark a few. Come back later.

Right then, How to put money in egold nowadays?
Plenty of options, Let's start with a few hundred for now.
Done.

Let the Games Begin !
Which ones though?
Decisions, decisions.....

Well, to cut a long story short it was much the same as the last period I had in here.
Win some, lose some, blah blah blah.....
Need more money putting in egold, Deposit. Done.

Right. There's a fair bit more money in there now. Bring on the next games, please.
More of the same. This see-saw of gaining and losing lasted for about 2 years. Average y'know?
More Monitors arriving, More Blogs. Some good ones, most were pretty bad.

I found out who were the more friendly blogs eventually, and started chatting to some of them.
They were much better than the monitors were, so I believed in them a little bit more.
Although I was also sent duff information from a few of them, so I started staying away from them.
There's plenty more arriving, It's just finding the better ones.
Cross the bad ones off the list. Find some better ones....
Hmm, some of these Bloggers aren't too bad you know.
Sometimes you have to take their ideas with a pinch of salt, but on the whole, they weren't a bad lot.....
Best to keep it restricted to Hyip discussion for now though.

There were plenty of the Spam emails arriving in my mailbox back then.
I blindly followed a few of them, but they didn't last very long. Learning every day...
Ignore them for now....

Hmm... I must go the shops, I need some bread and dripping, else I won't be eating tonight....
Heck, I need to shave first, can't go out in this state.
Heavens, when did I shave last?
This could be a 3 or 4 razor problem....

Back to the games.... Money's beginning to run low again...... Do I dare put some more in?
What's this?

omg, it's The End for now......

(To be continued)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Introduction