#1 Rossman01

Rossman01

PHP[Main(400)-PPB(0)-CPB(0)]

• Basic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationHuntington Beach, California, USA

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

This may be moot - Since Google doesn't "Officially" used meta tags to rank your site - but that does not mean that key-words are useless - They continue to drive traffic to your site.... the most basic of comparisons would be against a forum with zero keywords to categorize it... The one with meta tags will place much higher than the other, unless the other has every "bell and whistle" possible to place it higher - Key words are still useful (imo) - that's just Googles 'unofficial' declaration.

a Quote from the site below (google support) helps explain the function (not how to use them, I assume the webmasters here understand deeper).

https://support.goog...wer/79812?hl=en

Meta tags are a great way for webmasters to provide search engines with information about their sites. Meta tags can be used to provide information to all sorts of clients, and each system processes only the meta tags they understand and ignores the rest.

As above - it doesn't necessarily help rank a site, but categorize them by "most helpful description", which imo may as well be site ranking.  The difference here, in the old days you could have a crappy web site with an excellent array of key words which would help it go to the top of the page pile; Nowadays it takes more than key-words - but they continue to be a factor in rank albeit they are weighted in a lower capacity.

Sorry got a little off track - 

My idea here is to create a fun little contest maybe rewarding some points, where members could submit a word or three in an effort to have it voted into the (...<meta></meta>...)

So that's the idea; another, "What do you think?" moment.

Rossman

• private34 likes this

#2 Colaro

Colaro

PHF Co-Admin

• Administrators
  • 4,713 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:12 AM

Good idea. I propose to add 100 CPB points to the PHF member with the best metatag proposal.

#3 hyipsurvival

hyipsurvival

PHF Sponsor - PHP[Main(410)-PPB(0)-CPB(0)]

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:52 AM

good idea for me too!

#4 Rossman01

Rossman01

PHP[Main(400)-PPB(0)-CPB(0)]

• Basic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationHuntington Beach, California, USA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

Cool, Okay - so I've read around that a site really only needs about 20 maybe 30 good key-words to help direct traffic..

I made a list of 40.... but filtered some out to 25 so as not to put the admin on overload trying to figure out the good ones.

I also expected the obvious ones like HYIP and similar associated words are assumed.

---> Here are my suggestions.

Forex, Trading, Currency, Community, Family, Research, Strategy, Beginner, Advanced, Bitcoin, Money, PPC, Pay-per-Click, Finance, Investment,

I have to say it was easier to come up with words than it was to choose 15 from them.

Rm

• Colaro, private34 and zapsa like this

#5 limepower

limepower

PHF Sponsor - PHP[Main(640)-PPB(0)-CPB(0)]

• Basic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 04 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

I have also some ideas :)

Private, Hyip, Lyip, PTA, Hybrid, Programs, Forum, Online, Investing, Strategy, E-Currency, Gamble, High, Yield, Investment, Discuss, Online, Money, Making, Family, Fast, Short, Mid, Long, Term, Portfolios, Teamwork, Courses, Guides

• zapsa and Rossman01 like this

#6 Colaro

Colaro

PHF Co-Admin

• Administrators
  • 4,713 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

I have also some ideas :)

Private, Hyip, Lyip, PTA, Hybrid, Programs, Forum, Online, Investing, Strategy, E-Currency, Gamble, High, Yield, Investment, Discuss, Online, Money, Making, Family, Fast, Short, Mid, Long, Term, Portfolios, Teamwork, Courses, Guides

There are some good ones Limepower particularly family and teamwork.

I think you can develop around family and teamwork

• zapsa and Rossman01 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Keyword, Meta, Code, alexa, traffic