#61 Liberty

Liberty

PHP[Main(0)-PPB(0)-CPB(90)]

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:03 AM

The Brazil-Germany semis was indeed a disaster. I just can't believe it whenever I see the seven goals.

Happy for Miroslav Klose though. He is not the superstar like former record holder Ronaldo, but now has the awesome record of being the all-time highest World Cup goal scorer. It shows that dedication and hard work can get you to places even when you don't seem to have the natural flair like the more popular superstars.

What a contrasting semis the second one was. No goals in 120 minutes.

Sorry for Van Persie and Arjen Robben. Specially Robben as his runs into the opposition D were a treat to watch in this world cup.

Should be a cracker with two footballing giants in the final.

May the better team win.

• Colaro, hyipsurvival and zapsa like this

#62 hyipsurvival

hyipsurvival

PHF Sponsor - PHP[Main(410)-PPB(0)-CPB(0)]

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:45 AM

show-wise, i like it when a match reaches the penalties phase but it's always sad to see a great team go home because of penalties. in my opinion netherlands played a little better than argentina and deserved to win...

on the other side, i feel it's more exciting if a final is played between a big euro team and a big southern american team.

the dutch team deserves the honours of the champions.

the final is going to be a great show indeed.

• Colaro and zapsa like this

#63 Colaro

Colaro

PHF Co-Admin

• Administrators
  • 4,850 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

show-wise, i like it when a match reaches the penalties phase but it's always sad to see a great team go home because of penalties. in my opinion netherlands played a little better than argentina and deserved to win...

on the other side, i feel it's more exciting if a final is played between a big euro team and a big southern american team.

the dutch team deserves the honours of the champions.

the final is going to be a great show indeed.

Like for Brazil, I felt some inhibition from the two teams - surely due to enormous pression. I really don't like the penalties phase because it's only lottery and luck. This does not reward the collective efforts from a team. I would prefer after end of standard time, when it's the first team who makes the goal who win the match.

I hope not to see that in the final.

• zapsa likes this

#64 hyipsurvival

hyipsurvival

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

Like for Brazil, I felt some inhibition from the two teams - surely due to enormous pression. I really don't like the penalties phase because it's only lottery and luck. This does not reward the collective efforts from a team. I would prefer after end of standard time, when it's the first team who makes the goal who win the match.

I hope not to see that in the final.

you're right, but penalties in my opinion take the whole football thing down to what it really is (or should be)... just a game.

a very good one, but still a game  :)

• private34 and zapsa like this

#65 private34

private34

PHP[Main(170)-PPB(0)-CPB(0)]

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:12 AM

you're right, but penalties in my opinion take the whole football thing down to what it really is (or should be)... just a game.

a very good one, but still a game  :)

Yeah thats true

Today there is a Brazil vs Netherlands game , will see if we don't end up again in penalties, we already played last 2 games like that.

Although it was clear watching the teams playing who deserved to win the game even if was with penalties, its still not the way to end a game.

I think today game will be great !

• zapsa likes this

#66 hyipsurvival

hyipsurvival

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:35 AM

Yeah thats true

Today there is a Brazil vs Netherlands game , will see if we don't end up again in penalties, we already played last 2 games like that.

Although it was clear watching the teams playing who deserved to win the game even if was with penalties, its still not the way to end a game.

I think today game will be great !

i agree and i really hope to see netherlands winning today without penalties and without overtimes. the dutch team deserves it.

• private34 and zapsa like this

#67 yallit

yallit

PHP[Main(430)-PPB(40)-CPB(340)]

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

It was a good game for Netherlands. A crushing defeat though for the host country.

#68 hyipsurvival

hyipsurvival

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:36 AM

netherlands was great indeed.

as already said, too bad they lost with argentina to the penalties, but being the third team of the world is a great result indeed.

tonight we will have a great show, from what i've seen germany is stronger but in football there are so many variables that it's always hard to tell who's the real favourite.

• zapsa likes this

#69 private34

private34

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

Think Argentina played better than Netherlands in that game, the dutch team was still tired from last game (which ended up in penalties)

But this game against Brazil was well played , to bad for the Brazilians this year

#70 hyipsurvival

hyipsurvival

• Silver Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:48 AM

so it's over and Germany deserved the World Cup.

the match with Argentina was a great (and fast) show.

i have to say that i am really happy to see Germany winning as it demonstrated that a good and hard-working team working together is stronger than the one-single-superstar teams. thumbs up for Germany!

too bad that now we have to wait two years for the eurocup  :(  :D  :D

• zapsa likes this

#71 Colaro

Colaro

PHF Co-Admin

• Administrators
  • 4,850 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

so it's over and Germany deserved the World Cup.

the match with Argentina was a great (and fast) show.

i have to say that i am really happy to see Germany winning as it demonstrated that a good and hard-working team working together is stronger than the one-single-superstar teams. thumbs up for Germany!

too bad that now we have to wait two years for the eurocup  :(  :D  :D

This World Cup brought lots of surprises........until the end!

The germany team has no doubt been consistent in all their matches.

• hyipsurvival and zapsa like this

#72 private34

private34

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:46 AM

true!

I gave more credit to Argentina in the first half of the game, but Germany kept consistent the whole game and Argentina had always 2 or 3 guys around one German player, in the end also think Germany deserved .

Looks like football is changing somehow , teams that plays with emotion (warm countries) were smashed during this WCup 

• zapsa likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: football, soccer, brazil 2014