Photo

Co-Founder Of Liberty Reserve Pleads Guilty To Money Laundering In Manhattan Federal Court

Liberty Reserve

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 private34

private34

PHP[Main(170)-PPB(0)-CPB(0)]

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Vladimir Kats, 41, of Brooklyn, N.Y., pleaded guilty today in federal court before U.S. District Judge ...

http://www.justice.g...3-crm-1163.html

#2 Liberty

Liberty

PHP[Main(0)-PPB(0)-CPB(90)]

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Hmm, don't know what to say about this.

I don't know what happens on the bigger levels but most of us as users had no complains with Liberty Reserve.

I think the thing about these anonymous e-currencies, from the average user's point of view is that we prefer such avenues because it allows us an option to transact without having any tax cuts or legal hassles. Most HYIP players are small investors who put in a few dollars, or a few hundred at the most. We're just playing a game or simply gambling here and are just trying our luck at making some money.

Specially in developing countries like mine, there is a multitude of public that is out of jobs or those whose salaries are just not enough to make ends meet. People do not mind trying their hand at anything that offers them some extra money and unfortunately, in the hope of making that extra cash, many do not object to the legal status.

You can't blame the public here coz everyone wants to have more.

The big bad men will always find new ways to launder money. It's the small guy on the street who is more affected by such actions.

If the legal team punishing the owners really wants to do justice, they should return all the money to the individual account holders.

I have a hunch nobody will be talking about that though :)

Over to the next e-currency until the next bust-up... - (we already have settled with the STPs and the Egopays)

• Colaro likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Liberty Reserve